Upholstery Interior upholstery
Jeckells always ensure our clients receive the most up to date advice and are always willing to share our years of experience when discussing upholstery design and layout. From a recovery and or refoaming service to a complete overhaul, we strive to always improve the product.
Jeckells are proud that we can draw upon skilled and knowledgeable upholsterers to create whatever our client requests are with traditional and modern methods used to create various styles such as: flat with piping or topstitching, adding 1/2'' or 1'' flat or full rolls, to have lumbar support, double rolls or tapered backrests.
These are just a few methods.
Fabrics used, range from leathercloths, draylon, weaves, leather and alcantara's etc. Jeckells are renowned for having a large range of materials to give our clients a full choice. With our comprehensive no obligations quoting service we prefer to call our client when making our appointments and getting a gauge to the preferred material and colours, so books can be brought to the meeting and viewed on the boat, so as to get a true picture of the material. Stainless steel staples a fire retardant leathercloth material with a Dacron wadding to create a professional appearance are always used.
1. Economical flat cushions with no buttoning or roll, usually for bunks or heavily patterned materials.
2. Fluted cushions and backrest can be stitched for interior work dinette area etc. or welded for cockpit areas, the corners can be sunrayed.
3. The plain upholstery can be enhanced by tapering the backrest, using a pulled in fly flange on the backrest forming an indent or shallow buttons. The seats can have a 1/2'' roll, suitable for dinette areas pleating etc. or as drawing 4 a full 1'' round roll, suitable for settee areas, but not suggested for the dinettes.
4. Deep buttoning gives a touch of luxury, best to be done on a backboard, can be with a top roll or without, this is not recommended or seating, where corner units can be built up, giving the most luxurious in appearance.
5. A lumber support backrest with a rolled top, with one row of buttons, pleated 8 to 12'' apart, backrest having to be done on hard base.
6. This design consists of a 1/2'' flat roll on the front base, but with a full 1' roll possibly over hanging the front lip, hence the small cut out on the bottom.
Curtains / Carpets and Accessories
Jeckells curtain department also have a large range of fabrics to offer with different styles of pleating etc, these can be lined on unlined.
Scatter cushions and bolsters could possible be made in curtain material or with a contrasting piping all complementing the upholstery making a more comfortable environment.
Our carpeting department can supply, template, cut and bind internal and cockpit carpet.
Please call or ask one of our sales team for more advice